This is another commission we have just recently completed, and fitted. We made these large sliding doors in oak to match an existing style already in our clients’ house. Theses large doors are very heavy, around 90kg each, and so we mounted them onto a robust Hawa sliding system that we fitted. We also constructed the wall that creates the pocket that the doors open and slide into. The clients’ builder created the wall opening and finished the works off with replastering. The client was very happy with the end result, and we think they look fantastic too, but we would do! The technical specs are below, as usual.
– High quality Hawa Junior 120 sliding door gear with running track and mechanism and all parts required to take two oak doors (120kg per door rating)
– Two 40mm thick hollow doors constructed in oak veneered MDF with solid oak lippings and tulip wood core
– Four laminated glass panels in each door
– Flush beading around glass panels
– Mid-range flush handles included in quote – one in each side of the face and one in the edge of each door to allow for ease of use when closing doors from pocket (various options to choose from, please note handle choice may affect final cost)
– Soft wood stud work for wall constructed according to requirements for the doors (including 50mm wide pocket for doors) and fitted up ready for builder to clad, plaster and finish
– Large tulip wood beam to hold running track, resin bolted into blockwork
– Solid oak threshold strip finished in hard-wearing clear lacquer
– Sides and top of aperture to be plastered to the pocket by builder (no architrave)
Do contact us at Mark Williamson Furniture if you are considering having any kind of bespoke furniture designed and built for your home.
Like the work above, we are specialists at designing, making and fitting whatever your home requires. If you can imagine it, we can definitely make it!
Telephone: Office: 01296 658 660 | Mobile: 0775 4409203, or please feel free to email us via the contact page here.