It’s very nice – and important – for me when my clients are happy and satisfied with my work, and want to tell others. This is a selection of testimonials with the most recently received first. Click on the gallery link to see photos of each project
– “Dear Mark . Thank you so much, we love our cabinet and shelves – they’ve really completed our room and we couldn’t be happier with them. When I got back from dog class I was excited to see our new furniture and was stunned by the cabinet and shelves which are a work of art in themselves. Thank you also for moving the table back into position and leaving the area so clean.”
Mandy – cabinet and shelves
“Mark took an idea in my head of being able to feed all my friends in a tiny cottage and translated it into a beautiful, and practical, piece of furniture.”
Jane – dining table and bench seats – October 2016
Gallery to be updated soon
– “Where to begin? Firstly we are completely delighted with our ‘new’ kitchen – it ‘works’ so much better than before which is of course the really important thing…. But it also looks superb!
After 22 years of living with our old kitchen we had a series of very clear ideas as to what we needed and wanted. A key part of our brief was to keep the best elements of the old cabinetry and yet get a ‘fresh and different look’. Mark listened carefully and took the whole project to another level with his suggestions and designs. Our initial ‘gut feeling’ that this is someone we can trust and work with has certainly paid dividends.
Mark’s close attention to the endless design details such as the plate rack and each one of the four bespoke drawer dividers makes everything such a pleasure to look at and use.
Everyone who has seen it so far is impressed at how great it looks – how much more spacious it is and despite all the changes how it somehow looks as though it has always been there… this is due to the care and attention given to matching / reproducing the details especially the proportions of the frames and exact moulding on the cabinet doors.
One of Mark’s most valuable suggestions was to strip out and refurbish our existing larder – keeping the existing doors but adding bespoke drawers and door racks. He also sourced runners to adapt an existing cabinet to take new drawer boxes he made. This ‘recycling’ of existing storage enabled us to maximise our budget and satisfy Philip’s green credentials!
All the above and he’s efficient, professional and sticks to timescales for all the stages including installation – which is so important.
We would have no hesitation in recommending Mark. We will be back ourselves – dining room next…”
Christine and Philip – bespoke hallway storage units – October 2015
– “We needed to create a storage and work space in our hallway, the space being quite restrictive and our needs very specific (a place to house our many coats and a bureau style cupboard for a large iMac plus seating and shoe store). The end result is stunning, I now have a very smart and functional entrance hallway, it is obvious that Mark is passionate about his work and the final product shows great attention to detail and quality.
I still am admiring it almost a month later!”
Katy – bespoke hallway storage units – July 2015
– “From initial consultation to final fitting, we received a first class service from Mark and his team.
Nothing was too much trouble, whether it was incorporating the many minor changes to the plan, sourcing the best accessories or accommodating our many visits to his workshop, which Mark actually encouraged, enabling us to see the vast amount of work involved and attention to detail. Our new kitchen was delivered and fitted on the agreed dates and everything went according ‘to plan’.
We would not hesitate in recommending Mark Williamson Furniture.”
Dominic and Veronica – bespoke kitchen – April 2015
– “Having considered several furniture makers, we visited Mark at his workshop. We were impressed by examples of his work and by the care and thought which he put into helping us finalise the brief. He encouraged us to see the work in progress, and the finished articles were completed on time and delivered and installed faultlessly. The nature of our business requires us to have particularly high standards, and we are delighted to be able to recommend Mark without reservation.”
Homesitters Ltd Aylesbury – freestanding bookcases – October 2014
– “Having spent a lot of time trying to find some suitable pieces of furniture to complete our refurbished hall we decided to consider bespoke furniture and found Mark via his website. After an initial telephone conversation, he insisted on coming to visit our home to see for himself the hall and suggested some design ideas we had not previously considered. After agreeing a design and costs, we also were able to visit his workshop to see the furniture in the process of construction and are delighted with the appearance and quality of the finished tables which complement our hallway in a way that no ‘off the shelf’ items would have done. Throughout the project, it was always a pleasure the deal with Mark who is so passionate to produce work of a very high quality. We would highly recommend him and his company.”
Jean and Hugh – oak tables – July 2014
– “We had been agonising over modernising our kitchen for more than a year when we approached Mark to interpret our ideas and general design into a practical and workable kitchen. No small task! We worked with Mark, who listened and noted all our eternally changing needs and wants, to finalise the details of our kitchen. Mark was patient, professional and open throughout all the discussions with us, particularly on the timings for the project and, very importantly, the costs involved.
He was a joy to have working in the house, always polite, respectful and aware of our daily routines. His workmanship is excellent and his attention to detail is legendary within our family!!”
We are delighted with the kitchen that Mark has created for us and have no hesitation in recommending him.”
Paul and Sheila Riches – contemporary kitchen – December 2013
– “Mark has designed a great office for us in quite a small space interpreting our requirements for lots of shelf space; lockable filing cabinet; keeping the integrity and character of our cottage; and matching the unit to our handmade wardrobes built some 7 or 8 years ago.”
The project evolved for us with some great suggestions from Mark as there were loads of things we just hadn’t thought about – and it all looks great and works very well. The wire-managed aspect has hidden and sorted out the tangle we had before (we haven’t yet moved on to completely wire-free technology!) and the natural oiled oak unit has exceeded our expectations. Mark’s workmanship is excellent; he keeps to his schedule and delivers a quality product bang on time. We have no hesitation in recommending his work.”
M&R – bespoke oak desk and storage unit – Dinton, Bucks – March 2014
– “Having a blank canvas for a new fitted bedroom, Mark listened to our ideas and offered help and suggestions with the design. We were very pleased with Mark’s professionalism and workmanship, which resulted in a top quality finished product. We would have no hesitation in recommending him.”
Phil – January 2014
– “We asked Mark Williamson to look at the design of some bespoke furniture units for our dining room. From the beginning we were impressed with Mark’s responsiveness, attention to detail and thought-through suggestion to comply with our ‘wish list’. Mark translated our sketches into a to-scale plan which was easy to understand.
After what seemed perfect preparation of all components, Mark took only tow and a half days to complete our units including our light fittings. He always kept the place tidy, did drilling and sawing outdoors and worked around our family rush hours. We are very pleased with our units and altogether with Mark’s services and would thoroughly recommend him.”
Gillian & family – Dining room furniture – Bucks – January 2013.
– “I needed help with a larder which just didn’t work. Mark came and assessed and made some clever suggestions which he then incorporated into the design. After 26 years, I now have a larder which not only works but is beautiful to look at (I open the door and beam at it.) Mark made three clever pull out bins for the bottom area and the 5 shelves, 3 of which are L-shaped) are now fitted neatly around the various obstacles, such as pipe work, electrics, water heater and strange-shaped walls. He’s charming, efficient & dedicated. I wish him well & highly recommend him.”
“Mark also fitted two extra shelves into an old oak bookcase using some oak I already had. Result was perfect and now the bookcase, which had great sentimental value, is doing splendid service as a CD cabinet.”
Mrs R J B – Made to measure larder shelves and storage bins – Kingswood – July 2013
– “We are delighted with our new wardrobes. Your design has made the best use of the limited space without overwhelming the room. The quality of the workmanship has exceeded our expectations.
We would certainly recommend Mark to anyone looking for top quality furniture with an individual touch.”
Mr and Mrs Carroll – Fitted Wardrobes – Wendover – October 2012
– “I am delighted with the bespoke shelves made by Mark Williamson for my living room. From conception to completion of this job, Mark was professional and the final work far exceeded my expectations. I would definitely recommend Mr Williamson’s work. His understanding of the brief and impeccable workmanship is second to none.”
Ms. Gilbert – Bespoke shelves – Thame – November 2012
– “When we decided on a facelift for our kitchen we really didn’t imagine that the new doors and side panels that you made and fitted would give us such an amazing result. We are absolutely delighted with the end result it really does look like a brand new bespoke kitchen. From the outset you took time and attention to find out our wishes and also to offer sensible advice. You contacted the company supplying the new worktops to ensure that the timetable was kept to. You arrived when you said and finished within the time allowed.
We would have no hesitation in recommending you to others”
Mr & Mrs Bayford – Kitchen refit – Nettlebed – December 2012